You all might know, I recently brought a new iPod touch and the last few days were all about exploring it. After successfully syncing my device with the computer, the next thing I wanted to do was to import all my contacts that are on Android to iOS.
Syncing contacts using a Google account was a good option, but I never stored my phone contacts on Google. I wanted to keep all my emails contacts separate from my phone contacts, and that was the soul reason I never used it on my device. So after searching a bit, I found an excellent way using which one can transfer his contacts easily from an Android to iPhone or vice versa. So if you have recently switched from either of the platform, you will find the trick very useful.
We will be using a simple cross platform app called iDrive Online for the task. For the post, I will transfer the contacts from Android to iPhone, but you can change them if you are planning to transfer the contacts from Apple to Android.
Transferring Contacts from Android to iPhone
1. Download and install iDrive Online on both the devices. The app is free for both of them and can be downloaded form the respective stores. After the app is downloaded, launch it on the device you want to restores the contacts from. In my case, it’s Android
2. You much have an iDrive account to access the app and thus you will have to create one when you access the app for the first time. After creating the account, sign in and tap on the option My Files to create a new backup.
3. The app will now ask you the data you would like to backup, select the Contacts you would like to transfer (you might want to select all) and create the backup on the clouds. The process will take a few minutes depending upon the number of contacts you have.
4. After the contacts are backed up, open iDrive on your iPhone or iPod and login using the same account you created on Android. After logging in select Universal OnlineàMy Files. Here, you will be able to see the Android device you backed up the data from a few minutes back.
5. Select the contacts on the device and restore all the contacts in the list. The app will ask you whether you would like to delete all the existing contacts or if you would like to merge them with the existing ones. Make your selection and start the restoration process.
That’s all, all your contacts you backed up on your Android will be restored to your iPhone or any other iOS device.
The process not only helps in transfer of contacts but also act as backup solutions for both: Android and iOS. You can back up all your files on the clouds up to a limit of 5 GB and restore it to any supported device with contact images intact. If you know a better way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone or vice versa, don’t forget to share it with us.