MS Outlook is an email client, which is a part of MS Office Suite. It offers various tasks, which ease down the communication procedure for users. Although many times it happens when users face issues in accessing Outlook data. In fact, any application can create a trouble at some certain point of time. An unknown error in Outlook that users get this error message while accessing PST file items, which is clear with one of the querry, which is taken from the forum site:
“I am receiving an unknown error 0x80040119, whenever I send or receive any mail on Outlook. Even after getting an error still I am able to send or receive messages on my Outlook. I do not know how to remove this pop-up error message from my Outlook. Can anyone help me to get out of it?”
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of an Unknown Error
The error message shows the corruption issue in PST data file. PST file is a Personal Storage Table, which stores all the email messages, calendar items, notes, contacts, and other data. PST files get corrupted because of various causes such as:
- Virus Infection
- Oversized PST file
- Improper Closing of Outlook
How to Resolve an Unknown error has occurred in Outlook error?
There are some easy ways to tackle the corruption issue of PST data file. Follow the solution given below and fix the occurrence of an unknown error easily.
Solution 1: Inbox Repair Tool to fix an Unknown Error in Outlook
Users can utilize Inbox repair Tool to fix the occurrence if an error. It is completely freeware utility, which is provided by Microsoft. The default location is:
However, the location Inbox Repair tool differs from Outlook edition top another. If the user is not able to locate Inbox repair tool then, it can be downloaded from the official website of Microsoft.
To utilize Inbox Repair Tool, users first need to repair corrupted PST file. For this, firstly there is a need to locate Outlook .pst file by following the mentioned steps:
- Open Control Panel in your machine
- Select User Accounts >> Mail icon
- Now, select data files option, which is there in mail setup
- Choose Personal Folder File >> select settings button
- Copy the location of file and paste it on the Windows Explorer
- Once it is completed, the exact location of damaged PST file is extracted
Steps to Locate Inbox Repair Tool
- Open Windows Explorer in your system
- Type the edition according to the mentioned path addresses:
MS Outlook 2002: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\
MS Outlook 2003: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\
MS Outlook 2007: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\
MS Outlook 2010: %ProgramFiles%\ Microsoft Office\Office14\
Using Inbox Repair Tool
- After specifying the path select Go button then, with scanpst.exe allows PST repairing.
- Locate the tool and click over it to open it.
- Browse corrupt PST files >> select start button.
- Now, the follow all the instructions accordingly.
Limitations: the above method has some limitations as.
- Fails to repair PST files above 2GB.
- Does not repair highly corrupted PST files.
- Repair corrupted files in ANSI format.
Solution 2: Resolve an Unknown Error in Outlook by Experts Solution
To overcomer from the limitation of above method there is a third party application namely PST repair utility that fix the above error that occurs due to corruption in PST file or Outlook profile. The application is programmed in such manner that it repairs the corrupted PST file in healthy form. Moreover, it gives an option to save the file after repairing in different file format, i.e. EML, PST, or MSG accordingly. The utility recover the password-protected PST files as well by maintaining the data integrity. The software is compatible with all the Windows OS.
- Supports both ANSI and Unicode PST
- Repair complete PST file data
- Recover highly corrupted data files
- No Outlook installation required
Management of data plays an important role in the work continuity. However, occurrence of an error creates a hurdle in the workflow. In the above discussion, we have discussed the way for resolving an unknown error in Outlook 0x80040119 & 0x80040600. If still there is some issue while resolving the error then, put a comment below.